Here are some goals, or parameters, for my web store operation:
- At least $10 gross profit per sale. Not on average, but minimum. $10 is the floor.
- Create a system efficient and automated enough to process 100 orders a day with no outside help or need for employees
- Mobility. Ability to operate from any computer and any phone anywhere. I don’t want to have to lug my laptop around because it has QuickBooks on it, or anything else similarly silly.
- Free Shipping on every product.
- Any order of more than one item gets at least a 1% discount. People like discounts, and incentives to buy more.
- Every flag will have a flagpole as a ‘suggested product’.
- Voicemail to email. Every voicemail I get needs to be emailed to me. There’s services that do that. Saves a lot of time.
- Live voice answers the phone. Even if I’m not there, pay a service so that people never get a machine. They always take a message, and I get emailed/texted.
- ~10-20% off of your next order if you fill out a product review. My site will have reviews, like Amazon, for all products. People filling out reviews is good for potential customers and it’s good for SEO.
- 10 phone calls a day from the owner. The top 10 $ sales per day get a phone call from me. People like the owner of a store calling them and thanking them for their business.
I’m sure there’s other stuff I’m missing at the moment, but that’s a good start.